For those who requested the recipe for the apple butter Jayden and I made last week, here it is! Sorry I didn't get any pics!
Ingredients:
20-22 medium apples (I used gala)
2 cups apple cider
Juice from 1 small lemon
1/2 tsp cinnamon or 2-3 cinnamon sticks
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 1/2 cups sugar
Directions:
Step one: Start out in the morning and peel, core and cut your apples. Place them in the crock pot.
Step two: Add 2 cups cider, put lid on and cook on high for the day. Turn to medium at night.
Step three: The next morning, stir it up and add remaining ingredients. Replace lid and continue cooking on high. Stir occasionally.
Step four: Later that evening, take the lid off and let all the extra liquid cook off (a few hours). You know it's done when it's nice and thick and glossy. Remove cinnamon sticks and enjoy (or can or freeze to enjoy later!)
Hope you guys enjoy it as much as we did!!
1 comment:
Think I will have to try this :)
Post a Comment