On Tuesday night Nathan and I went out on a date while my mom stayed with the girls. While they were all eating supper, Addy looked at Jayden and said, "When I grow up, I'm going to be your mommy."
My mom said, "Actually, Jayden will grow up too, so you can't be her mommy, remember?"
Addy then looked back at Jayden and said, "When I grow up and you grow up, we're going to be mommies. . . .and we'll live in different houses and you will be my friend!"
Addy is growing up on me. I see it in the way she likes to wear jewelry, fix her hair like her "big girl" friends, and do things all by herself. She's almost 4 and I'm already wondering where those years went.
I'm a bit sentimental today. We took my mom to the airport this morning and had to say goodbye again. To be honest, living away from family is the hardest part of my life. It's so hard to see your little girl cry when her grandma leaves, hard to hug my best friend (besides my husband of course!) and put her on an airplane that will take her a thousand miles away from me. I'm thankful for the time we have together . . . it just never seems long enough.
So, family of mine, anyone feel like moving to Texas?
3 comments:
Addy seems wise beyond her years...
Addy is looking awfully grown up & sounding awfully smart! (like her mom!) Grace is totally in to jewlery too. She put it all on and tells me she is going to church. I can't understand what you are going through with your family but I am thankful for your sacrifice!
Addy is so cute and smart (wonder where she gets it?? ) Love you girl!
Post a Comment