Saturday, December 27, 2008

Old Friends

Last night I had the privilege and joy of meeting some old friends at a pie kitchen, where we talked til close and then moved to another restaurant that was open after 11pm. Jessica, Becky, Blair and I were inseparable during junior high and it was a lot of fun to reconnect and update each other on our lives. It's the kind of friendship where you can pick right up where you left off and I was blessed by our evening together. It was fun to see that some things never change, while others (a.k.a. the drama and insecurities of junior high) do.



1 comment:

Becky Jarrell said...

ohhh i feel the exact same way as you do! i so enjoyed our time together and loved seeing how we've all grown...and not grown :) i hope you had a great anniversary night away from the kids! please let us know the next time you're in town...i'll drive to come see ya!! love you sweet child.