Addy has come a long way in her understanding of reading. She's beginning to piece letters together to make words and is understanding the concept of sounding out a word to figure out how to spell it. She's becoming confident in her writing to, even writing the names of her friends on all her Valentines this week! It's fun to see her learn - especially something that she enjoys so much!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Growing up
My girls are growing up so fast. Jayden is now eating food regularly with her spoon - and doing quite well with it, I might add. She's also quit sitting in her regular highchair and now joins the family at the table in her own booster. She's a big fan of this new development. These two things have made mealtimes much more peaceful in our house. She is so much more independent than Addy was at this age!
Jayden is starting to show more interest in sitting still long enough to actually read a story, or be read to. This is very fun for us since reading is such a special thing in our family!


Addy has come a long way in her understanding of reading. She's beginning to piece letters together to make words and is understanding the concept of sounding out a word to figure out how to spell it. She's becoming confident in her writing to, even writing the names of her friends on all her Valentines this week! It's fun to see her learn - especially something that she enjoys so much!
In other news. . . Jayden is now saying new words. The latest of these is "sit". For those of you who read Nathan's blog, you'll know that Jayden doesn't usually say this word with very good enunciation. My dad wanted us to try and catch this on tape . . . and by accident we did. Here is our big girl eating at the table, hamming it up for the camera and telling the folks back home to "sit". You may have to listen closely since she runs the word into a sentence of otherwise unrecognizable words:)
Addy has come a long way in her understanding of reading. She's beginning to piece letters together to make words and is understanding the concept of sounding out a word to figure out how to spell it. She's becoming confident in her writing to, even writing the names of her friends on all her Valentines this week! It's fun to see her learn - especially something that she enjoys so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
you have two precious girls lindsay....little "minis" of you! :) I'm impressed with Jayden using the spoon. Sadie Beth isn't so coordinated, though I don't give her as many "learning" opportunities as I should. I bet that is part of being a second child! :)
I'm so glad I get to see glimpses of your life--I miss you! Can't wait to see you in May!
Jayden is starting to look like her mommy!
Got your package today! I know Abs will appreciate it, although it is not as good as having you there :(
Post a Comment