Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My girls and St. Patty's Day Pics

When we picked Addy up from her Sunday School class this week, the teacher told us that they had taught the story of Zacchaeus that morning. She said that at one one point in the story, one of the teachers said, "Well, Zacchaeus was a pretty cool guy . . ." and my Addy interjected, "No he wasn't! He stole other people's money!"

That's my girl! I'm guessing the teacher was just trying to simplify the story for the kids, but I was really proud of Addy for remembering the story the way Scripture records it. She's learning so much from her preschool and from her daily devos with her dad. Sometimes she blows me away with her Bible knowledge.

Meanwhile, Jayden's teacher told us that she had a near meltdown when the Children's Minister came to pick up the snacks from their room. Apparently, she wasn't finished yet! The teachers thought this was so funny (maybe because they aren't with her 24/7) and indulged her with 4 small paper cups of cheerios. They thought it was so cute. I kept thinking, "Well, at least she comes by it honest. There isn't a person in our family that goes hungry!"


My mom sent Addy this St. Patrick's Day shirt and flashing necklace. Addy proudly sported them to school today. The teacher even let her wear the necklace for part of the day instead of keeping it in her cubby.

Jayden wouldn't pose for much of a pic this morning, but she looked super cute too! She has become quite the picky eater, so meal times have become even more crazy at our house. She's a bit on the independent side - in many more ways than just the meals. On our visit to Louisville, someone described her as "a woman who know what she wants and isn't afraid to go after it." Too true. Too true. She's also a bit of a neat freak. She likes to have her hands clean and once you wipe her hands with the paper towel (or wipe her nose with a tissue) she immediately goes to the trash can to throw it away. This is cute, except when it's in the middle of a meal. She insists (or tries to) on throwing it away immediately. I wonder where this neat streak came from? Hahaha.

Okay, so this isn't from today, but she looks so beautiful in this pic. I can't believe how fast she's growing up!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love getting to see pics of your girls-they are so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

loved the pictures Lindsay thank you for sharing, wish I could see them in person

Anonymous said...

ok don't know why I turned up anonymous, but I have never left a message before.

Bethany said...

I can't believe that once there was this surprise little baby where now there is this beautiful baby girl! She is so grown up looking, I think she is going to have to slow it down! I love the St Pattys day wear, so hip! Miss you all so much!

Jenn said...

I am familiar with the independent woman & the picky eater. I have one of each at my house. Grace is my independent thinker and Faith has decided she no longer eats vegetable- ever. Even if it means crying while her sister gets a treat and she does not. Oh, well. Someday I will be quick to remind her I REALLY tried to get her to like them! The girls are both beautiful!

david, blair, and sadie beth said...

Addy's hair is so long! I love hearing your updates Lindsay. :)

Kristina said...

I love the story from Addy's Sunday school class! I can totally identify with your little neat freak... Sadie is particular about EVERYTHING! Her babysitter said she makes her sweep the rug where everyone keeps their shoes several times per day because it gets dirty!