Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Update, Part 1

The last few weeks have been full of fun things. It's the beginning of my crazy busy time at work since the interns arrive for training in 6 weeks, but so far I've been keeping up pretty well with only a couple Saturdays spent in the office. I'm trying to work ahead so we'll be all set to go come May 31.

Here are some highlights from the last month:

1. My mom came down for a visit and, in spite of the fact that Addy had strep throat, we had a lovely visit. She even helped me hang curtains in the living room! We also mulched my flower beds and planted a few more flowers. I love spring flowers! Addy got in on the action by digging the hole for and planting her own lily.

2. Jayden cut three molars and is working on another 2 teeth. The poor dear had a week of restless sleep (and so did my wonderful husband who got up with her!) but she has now settled back into her routine since the molars have come in. Praise the Lord!

3. We had three Easter egg hunts last weekend.

Our PBT family hosts a brunch and hunt for the kids. We all bring a dish and we go through the Easter story with the kids. They each got to tell a portion of the story and then we talked at the end about Jesus' last commandment before leaving earth. It was special to remind the kids that our families are a part of making disciples of all nations. We ended the morning with a hunt and were reminded that the empty egg shells remind us of the empty tomb.

Our church held a hunt for 12,000 eggs. It was such fun. The kids were split up by age groups. We attended Easter services on Saturday to help clear up some room for visitors in the Sunday service we usually attend.

We spent Easter Sunday at our friend Adam and Amanda's house. Their little boy, Ephram had a blast with Addy and Jayden. They hunted eggs outside and Jayden even discovered the wonders of M & Ms (in a very limited quantity!!!). The pic below is Addy and Ephram playing.



4. The girls and I dyed Easter eggs. The girls thought this was great, although Jayden couldn't resist hitting the eggs together to make noise and therefore, cracking the eggs.



5. Addy said, "Mommy, I love Jesus with all my heart."

6. I'm saving lots of money using coupons:)

7. Addy and Jayden enjoyed opening Easter packages from Grandma and Grandpa Davenport (They are coming for a visit on Monday - yeah! We're all super excited to see them!!)


8. Addy graduated to a booster seat - this was a BIG deal !


9. Jayden discovered the joys of helping mommy and Addy cook and "washing dishes". She also learned how to do "cheers" with her cup during dinner. She likes to give us all "cheers" throughout the meal. Adorable. She found this snowman apron and insisted on putting it on for one of our cooking sessions. A bit out of season, but she was so excited! This is her, "I want the water turned on!" face.





10. The girls have enjoyed playing on their swingset. Jayden can climb up the rock ladder all by herself and the girls like to play in the fort together.

11. We celebrated Passover together as a family. We took our meal (a sampling of all the foods traditionally part of this meal) into the "upper room" (Addy's room) and Nathan led us through the symbolism from the OT and then walked us through it again as Jesus would have done it. He also washed our feet and prayed over each of us. It was such a special time and we've decided to make it an annual thing. Each year we hope to build on it, especially as the girls get older and are better able to understand the significance of the event.

12. It's become a new family challenge to see if we can chase down the ice cream truck before he gets away. I have to say, it's really quite difficult to, once you've heard his music playing outside, grab your money, and get out the door before he passes your house. One day, Addy had been waiting for the ice cream man to come for three days. She was excited to spend a little bit of her money grandma and grandpa Davenport sent for a special treat. We were eating snack and all the sudden Addy jumps up, "He's here" and we bolt out the door. I'm running down the street in my house shoes and Addy's not far behind. Unlike the day before, he saw us in his rearview mirror. I'm sure we were a hilarious sight! The pic below is Addy enjoying her ice cream and Jayden eating up her yogurt melts.

13. What's not to love about matching Ariel shirts and sunglasses??


14. Jayden said her first prayer today. She was sitting in her chair for lunch and before eating, she folded her hands and said, "Jesus" followed by a whole line that I couldn't understand. I was thrilled to hear her say our Lord's name. What a wonderful sound! From the lips of infants he has ordained praise!

15. We went to our first Rangers baseball game of the season . . . with 45 other friends from PBT and church. It was a blast! The Rangers actually won AND it was $1 hot dog night! Does it get any better? Here is Addy at the game with our good friend Amanda and her son Ephram. Addy is pretty happy to show off her fruit snack . . .

6 comments:

Kristina said...

Thanks for the update--I love hearing (and seeing) what's been going on in your life! The girls are such cuties...

Jenn said...

I was so excited to see you FINALLY updated your blog. I'm glad we got to hear what has been going on even though you are so busy. you have had a lot of fun lately!

Bethany said...

Wow are the girls getting so big! They are just beautiful. I thought the passover dinner was great, we did the same thing! Belle loved all of it and Matthew was really glad that we were excited about what he wanted to do. Only a little over a month to Abby's wedding and we will all get to visit, fun times!!!

Stephanie said...

That was a great update Lins! I love hearing about what you guys are up to! I loved the dinner idea! That will be such a neat family tradition!

david, blair, and sadie beth said...

Looks like you guys have had a TON of fun so far this spring. It was fun to hear your update. :) Are you guys planning a trip to Louisville this summer?

abby bohall said...

Addy is getting so BIG!!! and so pretty :0