Sunday, August 2, 2009

A daily struggle

My grandma continues to struggle in ICU. Although she is physically making baby steps toward improvement, her heart is not in it. She has lost her drive, her spark, her determination. It's heartbreaking. I leave KY for TX on Thursday of this week and I know it will be a very difficult good-bye. My heart will remain here once I leave. Never before has the sacrifice of living so far away weighed so heavily on me.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Lindsay~I am so heartbroken for you! I am praying for you and your family. I remember how close you have always been to your grandma and family and this is hard so I will say a special prayer for you concerning that! Let me know if you need anything!

Jenn said...

My heart is so heavy for you. The last 6 months have given me a new longing for Heaven. I think God has given you the same longing. I will pray for you friend.

The McKnights said...

My grandmother is also facing her last days. Some days are good and then usually followed by some really hard ones! I think her 94 yr old body is just slowly shutting down, but it is heartbreaking to watch still. I can't say I know what you are feeling, but I can say that I will pray for you as you say your goodbyes and trust God to bring the peace to you and to your grandma.