It is a funny thing to me that to truly enjoy fall, I now have to travel north. At home, it is currently 85 degrees. In Louisville, it is a freezing 66 degrees (with a low of 56!). I've been downing the hot apple cider and turning on the gas fireplace to try and stay warm. Man, I didn't think it was true that you really acclimate to a hot climate, but I certainly have. I miss you, Texas:)
While we've been here, MawMaw and PawPaw treated us to a trip to Huber's Family Farm, a fun pumpkin patch place in southern IN. My sister and her daughter, along with my uncle David, joined us for the day. The girls got to feed goats, ducks and pigs, go on a wagon ride, pick pumpkins (we actually picked one off the vine this year!), play on their playground, eat fudge, and generally have a fabulous time. Here are a few picks from the day.
(Oh, and lest you question my clothes matching abilities, we had to improvise with the girls jackets in order to try and keep them warm. In fact, we doubled up their jackets since it was so cold and windy!)
1 comment:
Oh come on, I love the orange pants with the teal jacket! :)
I know what you mean about the weather... It was in the 90s when we left Florida and in the 50s when we stepped off the plane! I came home and turned my heat on!
Post a Comment