Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Traveling . . .again

In my opinion, traveling is a very fun thing to do. It's a bit harder now than it used to be, though. This is too bad, since I spent about two months of the past year traveling. We are headed off to the National Missionary Convention tomorrow morning - our biggest recruiting event of the year. It will be fun, but not without it's challenges. If I could just get my Jayden back on her sleep schedule after our 3 week trek through IL, I'd be the happiest mom alive. I'm sure, however, that our trip to Tulsa will not help accomplish this! I'm trying to remind myself that this is a season and she will eventually return to her sleeping-through-the-night self . . . and it will be bliss!

In the mean time, here are a few windows into the Davenport house the past couple weeks:

- Jayden is now walking very confidently. She walks 95% of the time. She's definitely developed a mind of her own and doesn't hesitate to communicate when she's unhappy! She had her doctor's check up a couple of weeks ago and she is in the 95th percentile for height and the 90th for weight! She points a lot and says "dat" when she wants "that". She even said sissy (as in, sister) for the first time last week. Addy was delighted.
- Addy is learning all about being a good friend, especially at preschool. Every day after school she tells me about the adventures she had with her best friend Jessica. Somewhere in there is usually a story about something Jessica did that hurt her feelings or how someone else wasn't playing nice. We talk through each scenario and then she tells me about the things they played that day. I love hearing about her day - it gives me insight into who she is and the things she enjoys. I pray that it will establish a strong bond between us and that she'll always be able to share her life with me.
- We've been sick a lot. In fact, I spent two of the last 3 weekends sick. We are mostly better and looking forward to a season of better health!
- Lots of laundry . . . it's amazing how much laundry such tiny people can produce!
- Missing my family. I just learned yesterday that they found a golf ball sized mass at the base of my grandmother's skull. It appears to be slow growing and benign, but it is erroding the bone and we don't know yet if they'll want to do surgery. We're praying that it is, indeed, benign, and that she will be able to avoid another surgery. She's been through so much over the last few years. It's hard not to be there with her.
-

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I will be praying for your trip. I will also pray for your grandma. I am thinking about you and your family.

Stephanie said...

I love hearing about your conversations with Addy-she has such a big heart already!

david, blair, and sadie beth said...

I'll be praying your trip goes well. It's so hard when your little one is on a good schedule that gets thrown off by unavoidable stuff...I hope you have a great time!

Abby said...

I've been praying for you guys all week. Can't wait to hear how your trip went!

Becky Jarrell said...

hey linds! found your blog on blair's blog :) hope you're doing well. do you have an update on your g-ma? i noticed this was on 11/18 so you might have more news than what is on your post.

take care!
becky