Monday, September 28, 2009

Addy's Birthday

My little Addy turned five last Wednesday. Since Nathan was just getting back in town from a 10 day recruiting trip and we left again this past Saturday for another recruiting trip, we decided to have Addy's birthday party on a Sunday night. She hosted her first ever slumber party. Seven little girls came for the festivities, six of which stayed the night with us (the other had to go to kindergarten Monday morning).
We had a princess theme and hung streamers all over the house.

The girls started off the party by playing dress-up. All but one of these girls is a PBT missionary kid, and the other is a Wycliffe MK. They are some of Addy's very best friends.

Although the pizza and cake were a hit, Nathan was the real star of the party. He made the girls laugh again and again. I told him that the giggling in our family has really just begun because the giggling increases the older the girls get - and boy did they giggle!


Addy's favorite presents were from Mom and Dad - a Tinkerbell fairy house and three little fairies to go with it. She got some other really fun things too - Jasmine from Jayden, a my little pony set, a big Ariel doll to play with in the tub, a Snow White apron set, and a porcelain Belle doll.


After presents and a rousing game of "put Cinderella in her castle window" (played similarly to pin the tail on the donkey) the girls decorated their own princess tiaras. Addy's was a special sparkly tiara, and all the girls had pics of princesses to glue on, along with glitter glue and jewels. It was a hit!

After the girls finished their tiaras, they all got changed into their pj's and we blew up a bunch of air mattresses in the living room for the girls to sleep on. They picked out a Barbie princess movie to watch and snuggled under the covers. The evening ended with a few late night giggles and they were all asleep by 10 pm. We did chocolate chip and blueberry pancakes for breakfast and got everyone ready to go to school. Although having 7 kids to get ready in the morning was a challenge, we were ready to walk out the door by 8:45 - not too bad, I didn't think.

It's hard to believe that it's been five years since my little girl came into the world. She was quite the surprise at the time (can you say, honeymoon baby!) but I cannot imagine my life without her. I am so thankful for this precious gift. My sweet Adeline.

5 comments:

The Mollet Family said...

Wow! What a creative Mom you are!!!! So, I have to ask...Jocelyn wants the Tinker Bell house...where did you find it?

Lindsay said...

It was a lot of fun! At the Disney Store - although, I was in there today and it looked like they might be moving that stuff out of there to make room for the things that go with the new Tinkerbell movie. You could probably order it from Disney online too.

Kristina said...

Sounds similar to a party us girls once had... :) I'm glad you had fun!

Stephanie said...

That party looked so fun! You're such a good mommy :)

indymommy said...

So fun! I'm impressed, I don't know if I could do that in the first trimester!