Monday, September 14, 2009

Random thoughts from an exhausted mommy

This is how I feel tonight. If only I hadn't just eaten chocolate ice cream, I might actually get a good night's sleep. Hmmmm, I should rethink that one tomorrow night.


This is Jayden with her cousin Jacob. We were blessed to spend a couple of days with my sister-in-law and her kids, as well as my mother and father-in-law a couple of weekends ago. The kids had so much fun playing and Jayden enjoyed stealing everyone's shoes throughout the weekend. She may have a little bit of an obsession with shoes. In fact, she's been pretty distressed this week since I pointed out in her books that Elmo doesn't have shoes. She keeps bringing it up . . .


This is a pic of my dad and Jayden during our visit to his place this summer. We were actually having lunch at "Old MacDonald's" here. Isn't my dad handsome?





My sweet sisters and brother . . . this shot was taken the day of grandma's funeral. I have never felt closer to my siblings than I do right now. I'm so thankful for them . . . and miss them.



By the way, I'm pretty sure I haven't mentioned this on my blog, but we're having a baby:) I was four weeks pregnant in this pic (but didn't know it yet). I'm now 10 weeks . . . and already showing. Unfortunately for my wardrobe, my body remembers exactly how it should look when it's pregnant and it's wasting no time getting there! We're due April 12 . . . and are very excited!!! It's a bright spot during a difficult season in our lives.

P.S. They are not always this sweet:)


2 comments:

Jenn said...

This post made me smile today. I'm glad somebody else feels totally worn out- maybe its just that third pregnancy. Its a killer!

Stephanie said...

Aww... what a sweet pic of Addy & Jayden :) Are you coming up with any fun names for your third?