Friday, April 20, 2012

Catching up . . .

We've been up to a lot the last couple of months, so here is an update in pictures.  More posts to come, but here is a sample:


Here the kids are making surprise birthday cards/pictures for me.  The flowers on the table were from my hubby for Valentines.


Isaiah is really excited these days to help mommy cook.  Here he is helping me make homemade biscuits from start to finish.  It's somewhat rare that it's just me and him cooking since the girls like to help too.  He was very proud to have the chance to do everything!


Jayden and Isaiah have had lots of fun together on our "home days" - which are Fridays.  I'm currently off that day and we stay home, play, or run errands etc.  One morning they hauled every pillow in the house downstairs to create a pile they could jump in.  They had a blast!


Another morning, I found them in the dryer . . . and after I had a safety talk about that, I snapped a picture.

One week when Addy had a day off school, we took a trip to North Dallas to a super fun park near our church.  We took a picnic lunch and the kids played hard.  The kids especially loved this spider web they had.  Since Isaiah wasn't quite big enough to climb past the first two rungs, he would climb up . . .

Sit down . . .

Hang . . . 



And repeat!  It was cute to watch.


The girls enjoyed the spider web too, although they were too nervous to climb very high.





In March, we were blessed to have a visit from two PBT families on home assignment that are very dear friends of ours.  They currently serve in East Africa, but were living in Dallas for training the first couple of years we lived here.  This is a pic of the Bartons (expecting their first little one!).   I somehow failed to get a pic of the Yaricks - so sad!  Their first child was born a month before Jayden, so it was really fun to reunite them again.


Isaiah loves all things sports.  This is the typical expression you get when a ball game comes on - this one was hockey.


The kids have had lots of play time with dad.  They love to wrestle.


We've had lots of laughs the last few weeks . . .


And a few tears . . . I love this sweet pouty face!!!


The girls have enjoyed a lot of imaginative play - especially with this princess castle they got in a care package from a supporting church at Christmas.  They took a few pics with my camera while playing one day - it was fun to see things from their perspective.



Lots more has been going on, but I'll save that for future posts.  This just gets me a little caught up on a few miscellaneous moments I don't want to forget!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Aww... love the update and all the sweet pictures of Isaiah, what a sweetie!