Much of the Saturday before Easter was spent cleaning since my mom was coming for a visit on Monday morning and I didn't want to spend Easter Day cleaning - which was also Isaiah's second birthday. Nathan was pretty great at entertaining the kids that day so I could get some serious work done at the house. The girls were really excited about riding their bikes that morning, so we couldn't resist giving Isaiah one of his birthday gifts a day early. Here he is on his "new to us" trike. He LOVES it!
Our Easter traditions are a little different than I grew up with, which is still a bit of an adjustment for me. In order to make more room for visitors at our church on Easter Sunday, our family goes to services on Saturday night. The church does 3 huge Easter Egg hunts that night too, so following the Easter service, we headed across the street for one of them. They have the kids broken up by ages, so Nathan went with the girls and I took Isaiah. He was a pro. The little kids were more reluctant to pick up the eggs than the older ones - that is, except for Isaiah. He kept saying, "ball!" and tossing them in. It was great fun to watch!
The girls after their hunt.
Family picture. On a side note, our kids are REALLY hard to get pictures of all together. I know this is true for most families with young children, but sometimes, you'd just like a good family picture, you know? Sheesh. You'll see what I mean when I finally get to my Mother's Day post:)
Easter morning/Isaiah's birthday morning, we started the day off with balloons! As is our family tradition, the birthday boy woke up with lots of balloons all over the living room floor. He was so excited and ran around for a long time just throwing them in the air . . .
. . . until he started to organize them. After Easter baskets, he spent the rest of the morning sorting and collecting the balloons in various locations around the house. First the couch, then the area by the front door, then the corner next to the love seat . . . you get the idea. Some day, I'm going to be able to channel this organizing for good instead of chaos!
The kids thoroughly enjoyed their Easter baskets this year. I was very proud of the deals I found - their favorites were the Dizzy Dancers and La La Loopsy dolls. They also got the Barbie movie, "A Mermaid Tale 2" which they have been wanting a long time, but it wasn't out until this Spring.
Since my mom was coming in town the next day, we decided to hold off on the rest of the birthday festivities until she arrived. More on that in a separate post!



No comments:
Post a Comment