One of our family traditions is to share in the Passover meal together. At the request of one of our friends at church, we decided to host the Seder at the church for our Sunday school class again. It was a wonderful night, although I did miss most of the meal since Isaiah was not really big into the "sitting still while daddy talks for a while" thing. I didn't really get any good pics of the meal itself, but I love this one of Nathan sharing up front with two of the kids in tow. Addy is always very proud of her daddy when he's speaking and she enjoyed the chance to sneak a proud hug during the Seder.
The morning of Good Friday is always spent with our PBT family at our annual Easter brunch. This was the first year the event was hosted at PBT's new permanent building where there was a bit more room to spread out. We shared a brunch and then Rondal Smith went through the Resurrection eggs with the children. I'm sure I've posted about this in previous years, but each year I find this part of the morning so touching. In addition to the twelve Resurrection eggs, the Smith's added one big, golden egg that Rondal opens after all the other eggs have been opened. Inside is a cut out of Jesus and he's standing on a cloud made of cotton balls. Rondal demonstrates the ascension and then talks to the children about the Great Commission. He emphasizes that these were the last words Jesus shared before going back to heaven and how each of our families is involved in obeying his command by helping others get the Bible.
I love being able to stand back and watch all the MK's interact during this time. It was funny to observe our little guys personality come out a bit more in this setting, too. He was all charm:) He turned on his A game to make everyone laugh and then, when they did laugh, he kept on doing whatever it was that got a laugh to make them laugh some more. Our favorite was during the final prayer. Rondal was about halfway through and Isaiah loudly said, "Amen!" He looked up and realized no one else had said it and everyone still had their head bowed so he laughed and bowed his head again. The second Rondal was done, he loudly said, "Amen!" again before anyone else could. It was pretty cute. Several people commented about how he is so much like his daddy. Too true. Although, I still can lay claim to his love for organizing:)
Rondal helping Isaiah open his egg.
After the Resurrection eggs, the kids do an Easter Egg hunt. Thirty of the eggs have a quarter in them, which represents the 30 pieces of silver Judas received for betraying Jesus.
Checking out the loot.
It was a beautiful start to the Easter weekend and always a blessing to share in this tradition with our PBT family here in Dallas.


No comments:
Post a Comment