Sunday, April 20, 2008

An update

Here's a look at what's been going on in my world the last couple of weeks:

- A visit from my family, my in-laws and lots of good-byes. The good-byes being hardest, of course, for my sweet little Addy. The tears are worth the time with the ones we love, but it is certainly hard to hold your little girl as she crys when the grandmas leave.

- Lots of time in the office. It took me three days to locate and purchase tickets for our two intern teams! IT WAS CRAZY! What a relief it was to have the checks in the mail and that whole ordeal behind me! Now for the other crazy things like visas, schedules and the myriad of details that have to get done for our teams to travel overseas.

- Lots of time trying to soothe Jayden during the whole "cutting her first tooth" ordeal. Addy never had such a tough time cutting teeth! Poor Jayden has a giant blister on her gums where the culprit is trying to break through! It breaks my heart not to be able to make it better.

- I've eaten a ton of strawberries! I love this fruit! I've discovered that if I eat cut-up strawberries with fat-free cool whip that's frozen, it's almost like eating them with ice cream:)

- Packing, packing and more packing. Nathan leaves for his trip to Africa in 4 days . . . I hate saying good-bye to him and I hate the thought of our quiet house once he's gone. Our home isn't quite home without him here to share it with.

- With the beautiful Dallas weather, we've had several picnics outside in our backyard. I'm also enjoying the Texas bluebonnets that are blooming all over Dallas this month.

Here are a few pics from the last week:


Jayden with Nathan's mom



Addy's new silly face - she said the mustache made her look like Papa Otte (my dad).



Party in the bathroom!




Daddy's girl.


Cute, cute, cute! Addy can make her laugh harder than anyone!





My beautiful girls. Jayden has started doing this adorable thing with her tongue . . . it makes us all laugh!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Thanks for sharing new pics. Jayden is growing so fast (i know Faith is too!) I will be thinking of you while Nathan is gone. I know what you mean about it not being the same (when Jeremy's gone).

Kristina said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers during this busy time! I sympethize with the tooth-cutting. Sadie's first tooth was quite dramatic! (As were most of the subsequent ones!) You should post pictures of your back yard sometime--I'd love to see it!

The Mollet Family said...

I think what I love to see most about your girls is that you each have one that looks like each of you...They are adorable. Take care!