Saturday, April 26, 2008

A few thoughts

I have a lot on my mind this morning. I'm not sure my words will come out as a cohesive thought . . .



It seems that everywhere I look lately I am reminded of the brevity of life. Scripture says that men are like grass, their glory like the flowers in the field. The grass whithers and the flowers fall, but the Word of the Lord stands forever (I Peter 1:24).

I hope it doesn't sound morbid, but every time my husband travels for our ministry - especially internationally - I think about the cost I'd be willing to pay for others to have the opportunity to hear the Word of God in their own language.


The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing . . .


But we have counted the sacrifice very carefully . . .


I think about the people in my life who are living without the Word become flesh - Jesus. I mourn for them and pray for them and long for the day all heaven will rejoice over their choice to surrender. I'm conflicted in my prayers. I want to pray "Come Lord Jesus, come" and yet, I also want him to continue in his perfect patience so no one will be caught unprepared.


My heart is bleeding this morning. It bleeds for the man on the plane with whom Nathan talked with for two hours, sharing his faith yesterday. At the end of their conversation, he asked Nathan, "How does someone get this faith you are speaking about? Do they just make the choice one day?" My heart cries out for this man to take that step and make that choice.


It bleeds for the Bibleless peoples of the world waiting to hear the Word. It bleeds for my own insufficiencies and shortcomings. It bleeds for the people in my life with failing health and unanswered questions. It bleeds for my friends who have lost loved ones, young and old, in the past couple of weeks.


We may be but a whisper in the wind, but I want my whisper to make an enduring difference . . .

No comments: