Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A bittersweet reminder

Addy came into the kitchen this afternoon and said, "Mommy, you know what's sad?" I said, "No, what?" She got a really cute sad face and said, "That I won't be a little girl forever. I want to stay a little girl . . . but I do want to be a mommy."


I started to cry instantly! She WON'T be a little girl forever. I was reading a kids book by Karen Kingsbury in church this week. It talked about the series of "lasts" that you go through with your children without usually recognizing it. The book came to mind today after Addy's bittersweet reminder. There are so many things I want to remember about these days and so many I want to hold onto.


The funny thing is, after Addy's declaration of wanting to be a mommy, she then started to cry because she wants to be a mommy . . . today! She is quite the little nurturer:)


Here are some more pics from our holiday weekend:


One of my favorite silly Addy moments.
Her favorite princess outfit.
Memorial day dress
This dress was the one Addy wore in my sister Adrienne's wedding - isn't it precious?!?!
Addy and Jayden, chillin in Addy's "house"
Jayden playing with her good friend Titus, who is exactly one month older than her!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I love the K. Kingsbury book you are talking about! My sister-in-law, always tells my niece Jadyn that she wants her to stay the age she is now (whatever the current age!) A couple weeks ago, Jadyn told her that if there was a shot that could make her stay little, she would get it because she loved her... (and she hates shots!) Your Addy story reminded me of that!

Jenn said...

Your story reminds me of when I was little and used to dream of building a house in the field across from where I grew up so I'd never have to be away from my parents! But hey at least Addy becoming a mommy means grandchildren some day...now that sounds like fun! All the fun...not all the work. I also have been really thinking the same thoughts, thus the song, "Your Gonna Miss This" on my blog.