The last two weeks have been a whirl of activity while Nathan has been in West Africa. The time has gone relatively quickly since we've had so much going on! Here's a look:
- Jayden started staying 3 mornings a week with one of my dear friends, Meg. Although she got off to a rocky start, I'm hoping things will improve as she gets more familiar with Meg's home.
- I spent a good chunk of time chasing down the details to apply for our interns' visas to West Africa this summer and am busily making plans for their 2 weeks of training in Dallas starting in 3 weeks! I'm starting to get a little nervous about Nathan and I leading the training session - everyone knows how much I love speaking in front of people!
- Addy had and I currently have strep throat - complete with headaches, roaring fevers and nasty soar throats. It sure stinks being the mommy when you're sick because there's noone to take care of you! The good news is that Jayden is healthy. The pediatrician said she was unlikely to catch strep - in fact, it's highly unusual for anyone under 2 to catch it! Thank goodness!
- I started supplementing Jayden's meals with formula - I came to the sad and difficult realization that I am in the 5% of women unable to produce enough milk. As Jayden's appetite grew, my milk supply didn't. It was a hard choice to make, but one Nathan and I believe is for the better all around.
- I've had numerous Skype chats with Nathan! He has had an amazing trip - I can't wait to hear more and to see some of his pictures. You can check out his blog for a couple stories he posted while in Africa (toadaphilus.blogspot.com) He arrives home tomorrow evening - just in time for the tail end of Mother's Day!
- Picnics with the girls in the back yard, lots of creative art with sidewalk chalk and walks with the girls. Their daddy is the typically the fun one in our family, so I tried extra hard to be fun while he was gone!
- Lots of sleepless nights. Jayden always has a difficult time sleeping when Nathan is gone. The surprise came when about 3 days ago, Addy starting having trouble too. She has been waking up in the middle of naps and at night crying for daddy - I think she's been dreaming about him. I have her sleeping with me in my bed to help her with this.
- Jayden got a new tooth (that makes two now!) and she is eagerly trying to learn to sit up on her own - moving from her tummy to her bottom. She is really close - she gets up on her knees, straightens one leg, then falls. I told Nathan she's holding off until he gets home, so he can see her do it!
3 comments:
I'm so glad Nathan will be home tonight! Bless your heart (and the girls') for missing him! I totally sympathize with the milk/formula issue. I went through the same thing and was barley able to make it with Sadie to a year. From the time she was born, I had a harder time producing milk (doesn't seem fair when you are so strongly committed to breast feeding!) Anyway, I'm proud of you for choosing the best decision for your baby (and for you!)
Sounds like it has been a wild two weeks! I'm so glad Nathan is home to take care of you and give you the mommy time out you deserve.
Lins-Glad to hear your update! Here are my points for you:
-Even though you dread speaking, you are amazing at it
-Sorry about the strep-that's miserable
-That's so cool you could "see" Nathan via Skype!! I'm glad he's home so you can really see him though :)
Post a Comment