Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Renaissance Festival

Yesterday, Nathan and I took the girls to the Scarbourough Renaissance Festival. It was AWESOME! Granted, there were a few weirdos present and it was 95 degrees, but overall it was a wonderful family day. We needed this time together to reconnect after lots of evenings in the office preparing for the interns to arrive and before the next 3 weeks of craziness limits our time together. We couldn't have asked for a better day!

Here are a few pics:



It was a lot easier than I thought it would be - but then again, I didn't hit the target:)
She was so proud - but then disappointed that the ice cream place at the Festival only had vanilla! She wanted blue to match the ice cream on her face!
I can now check "riding an elephant" off of my list of things to do before I die. Granted, it would be way more fun to actually get to do this while visiting our field in Southeast Asia, but this is a close second!
By this point, she was running on sheer adrenaline . . .
Addy couldn't quite figure out the point of the joust. She is still asking me, "Why did that man fall off the horse." I keep telling her it's part of the game, but I guess she thought the game was pointless. Go figure.


Jayden did so well - she loves being outside and it was bonus points for her that she had a fun hat to chew on!




Nathan and Addy rode this big boat/seahorse and she said this was her favorite part of the trip.


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

So fun! I'm so glad we got to talk yesterday... sorry we got cut off... my phone battery died :( I will be praying for you in the next few weeks. Talk to you soon!!!

Jenn said...

Wow that looks like so much fun!! I'm glad you had a wonderful family day-they are so precious when ministry gets hectic. I am praying for you.