Last night Addy had a bad dream about a whale that woke her up in the middle of the night. I cuddled with her a little while but she was still wide awake. After about ten minutes, I came back downstairs. Nathan went up to sing her a song and pray over her. She then went back to sleep.
This morning, Addy was telling me, "And then, daddy came up to my room and he sang me a song. He prayed to God that the big whale would not come to our house and he saved the day! The whale did not come back!"
I said, "Daddy saved the day?"
She said, "Yes!"
Apparently, Addy's daddy is one of the great whale hunters of our day. Who knew? I didn't think it the appropriate time to go into the theology of prayer and the fact that it is God who answers prayer . . .I just thought it was sweet that she was so impressed with her dad.
2 comments:
Very cute!
I laughed out loud at this post! For some reason, I can picture Nathan whale hunting, although he looks like a pirate in my mind!
Post a Comment