Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Abby and Chuck and a trip to the Zoo

In early April, our dear friends Abby and Chuck Bohall came for a visit. I've never had one of my college friends be able to visit us in Dallas, so this was a special treat. We had a lot of fun and were blessed to have such good fellowship. Our kids loved having them here too - in fact, Addy has been asking when Chuck will come visit again. She and Jayden thought he was HILARIOUS! They're still talking about how funny he is!

Here are a few pics from the zoo - don't ask me why I didn't take a single one of me with Abby! There is a really funny one of us imitating a bird, but it was a little embarrassing, so I decided not to post it:)







The girls were really intrigued by the turtles this trip - and the fake dinosaurs they had around the zoo, which was a little weird. It was cool to read about all the dinosaur remains that have been found in Texas, though, so we'll give them a pass on putting fake/dead animals in a LIVE zoo.

In addition to a trip to the zoo, the guys enjoyed a trip to Ranger's Stadium for a ball game while Abby and I watched a movie at home. We enjoyed a girls night to (splurge!) the Melting Pot for chocolate fondue and lots of catching up time. It was an amazing night to talk with Abs and to share our hearts. She's the kind of friend that, even though I don't see her or talk to her all that often, we can pick up right where we left off. I'm SO thankful for her.

P.S. Abs, Isaiah says he's sorry for scaring you so often with his shrieking. He's feeling pretty bad about that:)

No comments: