On Saturday evening, we went to church for a big Easter egg hunt and since it is such a long drive and because they were encouraging members to come on Saturday to open up spots for visitors on Sunday, we stayed for services after the hunt. We then used a gift card we'd saved from Christmas to treat the family to Cracker Barrel for dinner. The kids all behaved beautifully at the restaurant and it was a wonderful family night.

Isaiah kept doing this for pics that afternoon - it was hilarious! I'm thinking he might have a little bit of his daddy in him:)

My little princesses.

Addy wanted to take a pic of us too.

Addy and her good friend Lauren at the hunt!


At Cracker Barrel. It's funny because we used to be burned out on this restaurant when we lived in Lincoln since it was one of the only places to eat. Now, we miss it and get excited for the chance to go!
When we got home, the girls and I made Resurrection cookies. Each ingredient symbolizes a different part of the Easter story. After the cookies were on the cookie sheet, we placed them in the oven and sealed the "tomb" with masking tape, not to be opened until morning.

Easter baskets. These were fun this year. I collected most of the items over the last 2-3 months. My step-mom Mary sent some Belle perfume for the girls, my sister and brother-in-law rounded up some She-ra figurines from Ebay (which were a HUGE hit!), my mom sent some books and I was given several of the other items from my dear friend Meg before she left for another term overseas.


After we did baskets on Easter morning, the girls and I opened the tomb. They were excited about the hollow cookies that represented the empty tomb - well, until they tasted them. Meringue cookies apparently are not their favorites:) After breakfast (cinnamon rolls!) girls and I dyed Easter eggs. This was the first year I made a big Easter lunch for us and we spent the rest of the day just hanging around the house.
1 comment:
Sounds like a perfect Easter day :) I would love for you to send me the recipe/directions for the "tomb" cookies... sounds like fun!
Post a Comment