This post is about a month late, but nevertheless, I wanted to post it. I can't believe my little guy is 1 year old! He has become quite the proficient walker - walking is his preferred mode of getting around now. As a result, he is getting into even more stuff than before - which is very hard to believe since he was already so mischievous. I finally caved and moved my peace lily out of the living room because I was tired of vacuuming up dirt!
A skill he likes to practice is taking things out of a basket and putting them back in. He especially likes the "putting back in" part. As I type this, he is in my ziplocs and took about 20 out and put them all back in. At least he cleans up after himself!
Isaiah continues to have a deep love for basketball. We brought our little basketball goal in the house and he loves to try and reach high enough to make a basket. His favorite is when we lift him up so he can dunk. He plays ball with the family - throwing the ball to one of us and us throwing it back. He knows the word "ball" and he uses it all the time! The first thing he says when he wakes up in the morning is "ball?" He's even had a couple of times that he's woken up in the middle of the night crying and we go to check on him and he stops crying and says, "ball?" The little guy really loves to play ball!
One of Isaiah's biggest accomplishments the last six weeks was overcoming his difficulty in the nursery at church. He used to be a happy and fun guy for them on Sunday mornings, but for about 2 months he struggled and they called me down often to help with him. I knew he would move past it in a couple of weeks if they would stop calling me down, but I didn't really feel like I could ask that of them. Finally, one of the ladies in the nursery, who was wonderful with him, insisted that the other gal stop calling me down and within 3 weeks he was Mr. Fun again! Yeah! Here's a pic of him in the nursery:
It's hard to do justice to our favorite trick of Isaiah's. The girls have two nerf swords that they play She-ra with (Nathan is Skeletor, Jayden is Catra, Addy is She-ra and Isaiah is He-Man). Isaiah will get ahold of the sword (which is taller than he is), and walk around with it straight up in the air over his head. Once he gets close to you, he'll bring it down hard and bonk you with it. It's his version of sword fighting. Pretty hilarious.
He currently has 7 teeth and is working on one of his molars - it's been a rough one and his gum has been quite swollen for the last week and a half.

Isaiah loves his sisters. He likes to "tuck" them in at night. The girls lay in their beds and I put Isaiah in the bed with each of them. He laughs, they get hugs and cuddles and everybody is happy!
More on the birthday party in a separate post!
2 comments:
He's so big! Playing in the dirt... never had that problem with the girls but Kinnick was into ALL the time :)
Love the pictures and all his smiles-he's a cutie!
Post a Comment