Saturday, October 29, 2011

Addy's First Research Project

Addy turned in her first research project this month and I was so proud of how hard she worked on it. They were to choose a continent to learn and present about and she picked Asia since some of our interns went there this year. She included pictures about climate, landforms, traditions of the people and animals that live there. And, of course, we had to include that there are over 2,000 languages (about 1/3 of all the languages in the world) represented there. The teacher let the students decide if they wanted to present or not and I couldn't believe that MY daughter willingly volunteered:) I was very proud of her for doing so. She must get that from her dad!

I got really tickled because she wanted to practice her presentation just like I used to do for my mom. The best part was that she couldn't remember the word "monk," which she included a picture of to show some of the religious beliefs in the area. In her practice session with me, she called them "mugs" and she later told me that when she did it for her class she couldn't remember the word so she described them as "people who aren't married yet." I assured her that there are probably some of those living on the continent:)

No comments: