This was the first year Jayden took dance lessons and they did not disappoint. She thoroughly enjoyed them and has turned out to be quite the little dancer. I was a little nervous going into recital time because Jayden is more shy than Addy and I wasn't sure how she would react to being on a stage in front of a bunch of people. (Note: Addy took the year off from dance this year, so no pics of her this time around)
Before we left home, I tried snapping some pics of the precious ballerina and this is the look she gave me:
Even after dress rehearsal and talking about it numerous times, I don't think it dawned on her exactly what would be happening at the recital until this moment. My heart hurt so much for her because she is so much like me - I knew EXACTLY how nervous she was. The good news is, as we waited for the other dancers to arrive at the auditorium, she loosened up and was ready to go. I still didn't know how she would do on stage, but I could at least send her backstage without worrying that she was still so afraid.
Although the quality of the pics below aren't very good, I absolutely LOVE them because they capture the pure joy on Jayden's face as she danced. She thoroughly enjoyed herself while on stage and I couldn't have been more excited for her that she conquered her fears and danced her little heart out. The funniest part of the dance was when she looked over and saw herself on the big screen - she lost her step for just a second, but the look of excitement on her face was priceless.
So proud of this little girl!



1 comment:
Love the 2nd picture... So beautiful!
Post a Comment