Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Addy's 1st Grade Awards Day

I'm quite a bit behind on my blog entries, but the last couple of months have been so full of fun milestones that I promised myself I'd catch up.  

The last week of class, Addy's school hosted an awards ceremony for each grade level.  Addy received a special award for Music and Art for working hard each month to complete extra projects from the teachers.  She also received an exemplary honor roll award for having all A's and a Citizenship Award. 

After the awards ceremony for the grade level, each class had individual awards ceremonies with their teachers.  This was a very meaningful time as Mrs. Braddock passed out awards for each child.  The awards were a take off of different kinds of candy bars - a lot of them were silly, some serious.  One little girl received the "Whopper Award" for telling the best stories.  One received the "Smarties Award" for usually having the right answer.  When it came time for Mrs. Braddock to give Addy her award, she choked up and said, "Addy receives the Almond Joy award for being such a joy to have in class."  She later told me that Addy was the student who got her through on the tough days, that she is a jewel to have in class.  Although I love my Addy, it is always nice to hear other people say kind things about your children.  I was very proud of her accomplishments in 1st grade and can very easily get choked up when I think about how quickly she is growing up into a little lady.

Here are a few pictures from the day:


Isaiah and Daddy waiting for the ceremony to start.


Addy, after receiving her awards.


Addy and her best friend, DeSirae.


Addy and Mrs. Braddock.


Addy with her Almond Joy Award.




No comments: