Thursday, September 1, 2011

Addy's Generosity


When we returned home from our Illinois trip, the girls discovered a massive crack in our living room wall, from the ceiling, all the way down to the floor. Our back door was sticking (as in, it was almost too stuck to open) and there were other large cracks in the brick outside of our home. Although there is always the possibility of foundation trouble in Dallas because of the intense heat/drought conditions in the summer and the clay in the soil, I was very overwhelmed by having to use our entire savings to pay for the repairs - especially since 've been working so hard to save an emergency fund. I hated to use it all up and not have anything left to fall back on!

Most of you reading this blog probably already know the Lord provided for our foundation repairs through the generosity of His people, but before I knew how all of that would play out, I worried about what we would do if anything else went wrong. That first night, I cried. As Nathan was assuring me the Lord would provide, Addy comes into the room with her piggy bank of money she'd been saving for Chuck-E-Cheese and tried to give it to us to use for the repairs.

I cried again. She is one special little girl.

The foundation repair saga is still playing out. The guys did the initial work this week, but we have a new crack now in the wall that goes all the way through the house to the outside. We'll need to get a mason to fix the crack as soon as possible to avoid further damages (and in case we have rain - ha, ha, ha, ha). We also have a lot of new cracks around the house that are merely cosmetic and we'll eventually have them repaired as well.

Even though it's been a headache getting this all taken care of, I can't be more thankful for the remarkable ways the Lord has provided for all of our needs.


No comments: