Friday, March 28, 2008

Last night I went to work at the office after the girls were in bed. A friend of ours showed up to use the office computers. His survey trip to North Africa was cut short because of illness and he had to return to the states a couple of days ago. (The other two members of the survey team were able to continue and are making great progress.)

As I was listening to his stories, I had a lot of conflicting emotions. A part of me longs to be doing the things he's talking about. If I didn't know without a doubt that the Lord has called us to work in recruitment in Dallas, it would be even harder. There is such a big part of me that comes alive when I'm overseas. Try as I may to capture that part of me while I'm in the states, I just can't quite make it happen.

This is not to say that I am not happy with my life in Dallas. In fact, I've never been happier than I am now. I am just a little sad tonight that the Lord has not called us overseas . . . but then again, what kind of recruiter would I be if I didn't try to recruit myself?!?!

I feel blessed to know such great heroes of the faith that in so many ways lay down their lives to make the Gospel known. I am so proud of them that I get choked up thinking about it. What a joy to have a hand in this work and to work with such amazing people.

May God take each of our gifts and use them for His glory and for His Name's sake.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Lins--I understand (on a smaller level, I'm sure) the longing to be overseas and the "aliveness" you're talking about. I'm so proud of you for doing what you're doing right now and I'm excited to see what God has in store for your future! (And your girls' futures!)

indymommy said...

Hey girl, you totally crack me up! I love the part about you recruiting yourself! I miss you tons and I'm so glad you're happy where you're at!