Saturday, March 29, 2008

Jayden's Check-up


I took Jayden for her wellness check up yesterday. She is in the 95th percentile for both weight and height!!! The results on the latest ultrasound for her kidneys showed some fluid on her left side and the doctor wants to get it checked out by an urologist. We're trying not to worry, but of course, are anxious for that appointment to find out more. I'm taking it as a good sign that she hasn't had any fevers, as this could indicate infection. We'll know more in a week or two.


As I was feeding Jayden tonight, I couldn't help but marvel at her. Every time I look at this little girl, my mouth is full of praise to the Lord for sparing her life, not once, but twice. I believe it was Him, in response to our requests, that continued to breath life into her while she was in the womb, in spite of the fact the cord was wrapped around her neck twice and that it had a complete knot in it. HE spared her and I cannot thank him enough for this beautiful gift. I don't want to forget this miracle baby (that's what the nurses in the hospital called her). I don't ever want to take her for granted. My girls bring me so much joy . . .



1 comment:

Jenn said...

I will pray for you and waiting to hear how Jayden is. Faith is off the charts for her size too. She is almost outgrowing 6-9 mo. clothes. They would be quite the pair!