Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Lots of Dirt

Nathan and I are on a mission (okay, I'm on a mission and therefore my husband is as well) to make our backyard an enjoyable place to spend time. The people that lived in our house before us did absolutely no yard work, so there is lots to do. One of the biggest challenges is to level out the yard and plant grass seed. To do this, we need more dirt.

Knowing nothing about what I was doing, I called a dirt company in Dallas and ordered a truckload of topsoil.

When the truck showed up to deliver the dirt today, I almost passed out at the size of the dump truck!! I was thinking to myself that it might have been a good idea to check on the size of the truck before ordering. Who knew?

Once the gentleman dumped the dirt on our driveway, I took a huge sigh of relief. It really wasn't as much as it looked like at first and should be just enough to do what we need it to do.

Saturday we begin the fun process of hauling it all to our backyard. I'm so excited!

Next on the list . . . killing the swarms of mosquitoes that ate us alive back there last summer. I have a plan for that as well, but I won't bore you with the details.

No comments: