Monday, December 13, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun this year - probably the best we've had out of all the ones we've spent in Texas. We hosted Thanksgiving lunch at our house and were surrounded by 30 of our PBT friends and family. I never would have guessed we could fit that many people in our house at one time, but since a lot of them were kids, it worked out fine. We did have to get creative on space, though!

Here are a few pics.



Addy and her really good friend Lauren.

The food!

The adults' tables.

The littler kids' tables . . . I wish I had gotten a picture of the table up close because it was super cute! We used our turkey craft, some pumpkins and leaves to decorate it and had turkey place mats, paper plates and cups. I would also like to point out that Jayden looks like she's in a Pantene commercial in this pic! Hilarious!

The older kids' table. We had to put them in our room - which is thankfully just off of the living room so they weren't completely separate from the rest of the group. We had Thanksgiving activity sheets and coloring pages for all the kids, which they enjoyed.

This was the third picture we took of Nathan and Isaiah - Nathan kept closing his eyes, so we were joking about it and he opened his eyes real wide for this one!

Although I made several things to contribute to the meal, my favorite was Aunt Gladys' southern pecan pie. It was delicious!! I make this every year and dessert just isn't the same without it.

We had a very good day and were so thankful for friends to share it with. We are blessed to be surrounded by such great co-laborers in the gospel.

No comments: