Monday, February 6, 2012

Grocery run!

After the LONG drive back to Dallas, we were in desperate need of some groceries. I'm experimenting with a monthly menu that calls for one really big grocery run at the beginning of the month and a smaller trip mid-month to pick up some additional produce. I'm already loving it, as it's saving me time and money!

Anyway, my younger two kids are grocery shopping pros - especially Isaiah. He LOVES the grocery store and is unbelievably well behaved in the cart (and we don't usually score such a fun cart as the one in the picture below!) This is a refreshing experience since when Jayden was his age she would scream throughout the store unless I carried her on my hip. By the time I got to the check out lane, my arm would be about to fall off. She's gotten MUCH better now and loves to help pick out produce and put it in the bags, as well as put other items in the cart.

I really do enjoy shopping with Isaiah too, and especially love the towers he builds from our purchases in the kitchen afterwards. He helps carry in the groceries, unload the groceries, and even crumbles up the grocery sack into a little ball and puts it in our pantry for later use. Precious!

No comments: